Edinburgh’s Central Mosque is happy to announce the opening of the registration of the Quran competition for young men and women under 18 years old.
Great and wonderful prizes are offered including an iPhone for the first place in Group 1.
The registration is open now, with forms can be filled online or in person.
- The registration will start on 1st of Sha’ban 1438 and will continue till 27th of Sha’ban 1438.
- The registration is open for boys and girls.
- The competition will be held on the first Saturday of Ramadan 1438.
- The interested candidates are advised to fill the prescribed form on
- The interested candidates are requested to mention their specified
version of Recitation (Qiraat) prior.
The candidate must be no more than 18 years and there is no lower limit for age.
- All participants are classified into four groups.
- Participants memorised 5 parts (from Al-Ahqaf to An-Nas) are classified as Group 1 and they will be tested accordingly.
- Participants memorised 3 parts (from Al-Mujadalah to An-Nas) are classified as group 2 and will be tested accordingly.
- Participants memorised 1 part (from An-Naba to An-Nas) are classified as group
3 and will be tested accordingly.
- Participants who memorised from Al-Qari’a to An-Nas are classified as Group 4 and will be tested accordingly. Additional points will be awarded for those who have memorised ayat Al-Kursi and the last 2 ayat from Surat Al-Baqarah.
- All participants must note that the rules of Tajweed will be considered in testing.
- All participants will be asked 5 questions. Total marks are 100. 70 marks are for
memorization, 20 for rules and 10 for recitation.
Prizes and Gifts:
- For Group 1 the prizes are i-phone, i-pad and android tablet for the first, second and third
place participants respectively.
- For Group 2 the prizes are mini i-pad, android tablet and a valuable watch for the first,
second and third place participants respectively.
- For Group 3 the prizes are Android tablet and valuable watches for the first, second and third place participants respectively.
- For Group 4 the prizes are to be confirmed.
Candidates are notified that it is necessary to obtain at least 85%, 80% and 70% marks to secure first, second and third place respectively.