It was officially opened in 1998, and has continued to serve the community in and around Edinburgh, alongside fostering warm ties of mutual understanding and integration with the wider Scottish community.
We are a mosque of Sanctuary & Compassion. We aspire to this vision through a dedicated ethos of serving Edinburgh through our space, our facilities, in our outreach activities and especially through knowing and understanding each other. You can read more about how this vision came to be.
Charitable status & aims
The Mosque has been a registered charity since the 3rd of February 2000 (SC029809) with the goals of:
- Actively contributing to successful community building, social welfare and cohesion.
- Serving the spiritual, educational, social and recreational needs of the Muslim community.
- Fostering positive community relations through outreach, education and dialogue.
Prayer halls for men (capacity: 800) and women (capacity: 100)
The Exhibition Hall: hosts the exhibition of Islam Festival Edinburgh at Edinburgh Fringe festival, Friday prayers (capacity: 400) and other activities, workshops and teaching all year round
- The Mosque’s Library with a huge collection of Islamic books
- Car park for 52 cars
- Mosque Kitchen: the famous curry house
- Aroma cafe’