Application Closing Date: Tuesday, 2/10/2018 (Please note that this position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found, so we recommend applying ASAP)
Job Vacancy: Building Manager/Facilities Manager
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our team at Edinburgh Central Mosque as a Building/Facilities Manager
Manage the day to day operational activities in line with all health and safety, environmental and company procedures, legislative requirements, budgetary costs and Mosque community needs in line with the required customer service criteria and key performance indicators.
- To be responsible for all health and safety compliance. This includes ensuring that all health and safety audits, fire and other evacuations are carried out on a regular basis in accordance with the laid down requirements, the emergency plan and related sitemaps are continually updated and adhered to.
- To proactively manage risk and deal with insurance compliance onsite with regards to both public and statutory bodies as applicable.
- Ensure a Crisis Management plan is in place and that this is reviewed and tested annually.
- To compile and maintain all required management information and records relating to the site. This includes asset register, emergency plans, health and safety policy, operation manuals…etc.
- To liaise with local authorities as appropriate.
- To ensure the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets. This includes ensuring the agreed planned maintenance programme is carried out in accordance with the laid down timetables and monitoring works on site including the required liaison with service providers and/or contractors.
- To prepare documents to put out tenders for contractors.
- To oversee and regularly review the work carried out by contractors to ensure the required standards are achieved and maintained in accordance with the contractual agreement.
- To properly manage procurement for the organization, calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- To plan for future development in line with strategic Mosque goals and objectives
- To plan, coordinate and manage essential services such as security, maintenance, Pest control, archiving, cleaning, catering during events, waste disposal, recycling..etc
- To plan the best allocation and utilisation of space and resources available to the organization.
- To respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- To manage the Car Park and troubleshoot problems.
- Any other duties assigned by the director in accordance with the needs of the organization.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience of facilities management of property or portfolio of properties. This includes Line Management responsibility for Company personnel and contractors and management of service agreements.
- Knowledge of the technical aspect of premises management.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation and knowledge of environmental protection requirements,
- IT literate together with an understanding and experience of industry-specific IT applications.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a pressurised environment.
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) qualification is desirable.
- BIFM qualification is desirable.
Employment is on a full-time basis at 40 hours per week Monday – Friday. Due to the nature of the role, working evenings and/or weekends may be required from time to time throughout the year to ensure continued operations of the organisation and provision of services to the community.
Annual Salary: 20,000 GBP Gross
Interested applicants should fill the attached application form and send it along with an updated CV including relevant employment and educational background, in addition to contact details of two references to [email protected]